FROM THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2022/2023, EDUCATION AT FIRST MUG DOCTORAL SCHOOL, AS WELL AS THE PREPARATION OF THE DOCTORAL DISSERTATION UNDER FIRST MUG DOCTORAL SCHOOL WILL BE IN ENGLISH.
IN CONSEQUENCE, THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS FOR THE 2022/2023 ACADEMIC YEAR WILL BE COMPLETELY IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. ALSO, THE RESEARCH PROJECT MUST BE SUBMITTED IN THIS LANGUAGE.
IF THE PANDEMIC CONTINUES, IT WILL BE POSSIBLE TO HOLD PREQUALIFICATION INTERVIEWS IN THE REMOTE MODE VIA THE ZOOM.US PLATFORM.
The candidates will be provided with the logging data before the interview. You will need the following technical equipment: a computer, a camera, a microphone, and an Internet connection.
Electronic registration is carried out in 3 steps:
1. account registration with photo attachment
2. filling in the form
3. submitting required files to the system
IF YOU DO NOT SEE “YOUR FORMS” AFTER LOGGING IN, IT MEANS THAT THE FORM HAS NOT BEEN COMPLETED / SAVED.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS WILL RESULT IN FAILURE TO ACCEPT THE RECRUITMENT DOCUMENTATION FROM THE CANDIDATE.
CONFIRMATION OF FULFILLMENT OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS CAN BE OBTAINED BY EMAIL AT THE DOCTORAL STUDENTS OFFICE:
ATTENTION! SCANNES OF THE DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW IN THE SECTION. 1-3, 6, 8b AND 11, INCLUDING ALL REQUIRED SIGNATURES, ALSO MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE FORM OF PDF FILES IN THE ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION SYSTEM BY 31/07/2022.
THE LACK OF FILES CONSTITUTES A FAILURE TO ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS AND RELATES TO THE ABOVE-DESCRIBED CONSEQUENCES.
1. Application to the MUG Rector for admission to the First Doctoral School of the Medical University of Gdańsk:
Application_form.docx (13.1 KB)
2. Declarations of the scientific supervisor including a declaration of the head of the unit about:
▪ consent to the provision of scientific supervision,
▪ assurance of availability of the funds for pursuing the project,
▪ indication of the place of performance of vocational practical training,
▪ assurance of vocational practical training:
Declaration_of_the_scientific_supervisor.docx (15.4 KB)
3. The candidate’s CV containing his/her signature.
In the event of a change of name, if some of the documents submitted were issued to the previous name, a document confirming the change of name must be attached to the CV.
4. The candidate’s statement of consent to the processing of his/her personal data by MUG:
Consent_to_the_processing_of_personal_data.pdf (254 KB)
5. The candidate’s declaration of:
▪ not studying at another doctoral school,
▪ holding no employment as an academic teacher or researcher as of 1 October 2022 and up to completion of mid-term assessment:
Declaration_of_the_candidate.docx (13.7 KB)
6. An overview of the research project:
Overview_of_the_research_project.docx (14.2 KB)
7. Consent of the cooperating unit, if the cooperation is planned and necessary for the project implementation:
Consent_to_cooperation.docx (12.5 KB)
8. An official copy of the diploma certifying the holding of the vocational title of the Master, Master Engineer, or any other equivalent title, and in the case of the candidates referred to in s. 186(2) of the Act the diploma certifying graduation from first-cycle studies, or certificate issued by the relevant Dean’s Office of the university confirming completion of the third year of full-cycle Master Degree studies, where:
a) if the candidate has no such diploma, he/she shall submit a certificate issued by the respective Dean’s Office of the university the Candidate studied at obtaining his/her qualifications, of the vocational title conferred and the study results; an official copy of the diploma must be submitted without delay following admission to the Doctoral School;
b) if the candidate has graduated from a university abroad, he/she is required to submit the foreign university graduation diploma appended with an Apostille and the relevant document issued by the competent authority certifying recognition of the diploma as equivalent to the corresponding Polish diploma and vocational title, unless the diploma might be recognized as equivalent to the corresponding Polish diploma and vocational title under an international agreement defining equivalence; in such a case, submission of the diploma of graduation from a university abroad shall suffice.
9. Documents evidencing the candidate’s achievements scored in accordance with the scoring system defined in Attachment No. 1:
Attachment No. 1 – Scoring system used to qualify candidates to the First MUG Doctoral School 2022/2023 (135 KB)
10. One photograph satisfying the requirements valid for identity cards.
11. Language certificate, in the event the candidate intends to evidence his/her command of the English language with a respective certificate compliant with the requirements of the MUG Foreign Language Study Centre, as indicated below.
Evaluation criteria 2021/2022 FDS (187 KB)
▪ Approx. 20 minutes per candidate is provided, including:
- a maximum of 5 minutes for the candidate’s presentation of the project (the presentation may be interrupted after the time limit is exceeded),
- approx. 12 minutes for the Commission’s questions and the candidate’s answers,
- approx. 3 minutes for Commission deliberations.
▪ The oral presentation of the project by the candidate shall be accompanied by concise slides with a strict number and content, prepared on the attached template: Rekrutacja_prezentacja_ANG (91 KB).
▪ Presence of the candidate’s academic tutor is mandatory during the candidate’s interview. In case the academic tutor cannot attend the candidate’s pre-qualification interview, it is required to appoint a deputy who must provide a written authorisation issued by the candidate’s academic tutor. The authorisation must be presented in the Doctoral Students Office or to the Recruitment Committee.
▪ In order to confirm the candidate’s identity during an interview or an English language exam, the candidate may be asked to present an identity document.
▪ In the event the scientific supervisor is unable to attend the candidate’s prequalification interview, the appointed deputy must present the scientific supervisor’s written authorization to represent him/her
▪The holder of a diploma issued abroad (§ 6(1)(7b) of the Recruitment Resolution) should apply to NAWA to obtain information on its recognisability. Due to the change in the organization of NAWA’s work, caused by the epidemic threat in Poland, the processing time for applications for issuing information on foreign diplomas may be extended and exceed 30 days.
▪ Contact regarding matters related to recruitment:
▪ Contact in case of technical problems with electronic recruitment:
▪ Information on the research activities of our units as well as contact to potential research supervisors can be found at the addresses below:
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Pharmacy with Subfaculty of Laboratory Medicine
Faculty of Health Sciences with Subfaculty of Nursing and Institute of Maritime and Tropical Medicine
58 349 18 37
58 349 12 08
ul. Dębinki 7 (bud.13), 80-211 Gdańsk
10.07.2022 – 31.07.2022
Submission of documents at the Doctoral Students Office:
English language examination:
01.09.2022. at 09:00 AM
Publication of the results on the Doctoral School’s website:
on or before 20.09.2022
Submission of documents:
Doctoral Students Office
Gdańsk, Dębinki 7 (building 13), Ist floor, rooms 26, 27
open: Mon.-Fri. 10.30-14.30
The exam will be conducted remotely via the “Zoom” and “Moodle” platforms.
Gdańsk, Dębinki 7 (building 13)
or remote run via the “Zoom” platform, depending on the epidemic situation.
Prof. Jacek M. Witkowski, M.D., Ph.D.
Prof. Rafał Bartoszewski, Pharm.D., Ph.D.
Prof. Michał Pikuła, M.D., Ph.D.
Prof. Jędrzej Antosiewicz, M.D., Ph.D.
jedrzej .firstname.lastname@example.org .email@example.com
mgr Joanna Radzanowska
mgr Iga Leszczyńska
mgr Joanna Okońska
58 349 18 37
58 349 12 08
ul. Dębinki 7 (building 13), 80-211 Gdańsk
(1st floor, rooms 26, 27)
Contact for recruitement enquiries: